The UFBA Dance School is located next to the main entrance of the Ondina Campus, in Salvador. With a total area of 7,200m², its architecture excels in spacious, well ventilated spaces, with natural lighting which dialogues with the surrounding vegetation of the Atlantic Forest of the Campus.
Its building on Campus Ondina was inaugurated in 1992 with an initial area of 7,200m², spread over two floors. Its physical structure was expanded and, in 2022, inaugurated, measuring approximately 4,000 m².
Considering both buildings, the UFBA Dance School has the following spaces:
- Twelve classrooms: four with specific dance floors, mirrors, hooks for aerial dance equipment, stretching bar and installation for sound and projection equipment, and five rooms with specific dance floor and the possibility of installing dance equipment, projection and sound;
- Toilets, six of which are adapted for accessibility, and with showers;
- Nineteen teacher's; offices;
- Meeting rooms;
- Teacher's room;
- Staff's dining space;
- Academic Directory;
- Entrance hall and foyer;
- Rooms for administrative use;
- Secretaries of the different Undergraduate and Graduate courses;
- Laboratories: LaPAC - Advanced Body Research Laboratory; MOCAP- Motion Capture Laboratory; LabSomática, fully equipped for teaching Pilates; and LabTEx, which takes place in the Experimental Theater space;
- The Dance School Memorial;
- Two theaters: Teatro do Movimento and Teatro Experimental;
- Computer lab for student use;
- Musicians room;
- Lounge for outsourced employees;
- Storage Rooms.
Come and see our space! Our doors are opened to welcome the community!